Wing Clutch Bell ? Forged Steel Alloy
for Automatic Scooters CVT
The clutch bell has been developed and manufactured in our Calderara di Reno engineering plant using proprietary processes.
Machined from a single steel alloy-forging, surface hardened and tempered, no welds, these new clutch bells feature an innovative manufacturing process and attention to the finest details guarantee a highest quality product.
Designed and developed by our engineering department and handed over directly to our manufacturing, where our latest generation of Numerically Controlled lathes convert the 3-D solid models into final products.
The clutch bell machining process starts with a forging and exits the NC lathe completely finished, ready for heat-treating and wear resistant/anti-corrosion surface treatment, with no human intervention.
- Forged clutch bell, without welds, made of 39NiCrMo5 steel, nitrogen surface hardened with an antioxidant surface treatment.
- Machined finned reinforcement corona enhances heat dissipation, protecting the clutch's friction material, tested to over 20,000 RPM.
- Radial scraping holes added to the contact surface, sized and positioned to continually clean the clutch's friction material.
- Original system concept with openings designed to create dynamic ventilation and offering the possibility to adjust the internal clutch settings.
- Highest levels of finishes and extreme close tolerances maintained.
Working Surface Tolerances
- Surface finish Ra 0.5 µm
- Circular Runout: 0.05 mm
- Circularity: 0.08 mm
- Balancing: 0.5 g
Made in Italy "Malossi"
High Tech response to low quality counterfeits
Malossi does not stop after the design stage, asking others to manufacture what its engineers developed: Malossi follows thru by manufacturing in-house, researching the best materials, and following step for step the development of its products that bear the Malossi logo.
This is what makes the difference!